VP of Engineering | Harrisonburg, United States
Arturo brings over 23 years of experience as a recognized change agent with the ability to optimize and transform key business processes and establish and oversee critical IT operations. With a proven history of success transforming IT architectures and teams, Arturo is always focused on providing the best value to business organizations on a global scale. He has managed agile teams around the world, from Dubai to Brazil to Europe, and has been a coach and mentor to technology leaders and teams in a very diverse set of industries.
Arturo's ability to motivate and inspire his team is one of his greatest strengths. Coupled with fluency in both English and Spanish and a conversational knowledge of Portuguese, he is the epitome of a global leader. His extensive experience in the software engineering sphere informs his expertise in the field and allows him to curate a high quality and efficient team while simultaneously maintaining budget and goal expectations.
Head of Global B2B/B2C eCommerce
Global eCommerce Marketing Solutions, LLC
Founder and CEO
VP of E-Commerce Technologies and Application Integration
Head of Global B2B/B2C eCommerce
Sivantos Group (May 2017 - Present)
Arturo is the head of global eCommerce and Loyalty teams that are currently designing and implementing an organizational structure to support eCommerce and Loyalty strategies. He is also creating a global eCommerce support and administration team in charge of the day to day operations and platforms. Arturo is responsible for the implementation of an internal order entry architecture capable of supporting 1 billion dollars of revenue worldwide. He has also helped Sivantos evolve to an agile software development process and routinely upgrades the B2B eCommerce architecture.
Founder and CEO
Global eCommerce Marketing Solutions, LLC (April 2015 - Present)
Arturo acts as an independent, global consultant to Executive Officers in the retail and omnichannel industries in order to revamp their e-commerce technologies and lead and design Magento implementations for their respective organizations. Some of Arturo's achievements in this role have included:
- Creating an e-commerce technology roadmap to support sales and marketing projections.
- Implementing new software development processes to adhere to Digital Marketing needs in terms of time and flexibility (Agile).
- Conducting gap analysis between current organizational structure and the desired one.
- Improving internal search experiences by fixing Magento-SOLR Integration.
- Supporting a complete UX redesign of a retail store.
- Fixing a mobile experience unable to complete transactions by enhancing the current responsive design and removing the ad-hoc mobile theme.
- As a result of his efforts, one client's revenue increased by 300% within a year of Arturo's improvements.
- Arturo defined headless e-commerce for a multi-brand, multi-region, multi-language architecture for a client using Drupal site factory as the CMS, Magento as the back-end, and MCOM as the order management application in order to support the multichannel environment.
VP of eCommerce Technologies and Application Integration
Rosetta Stone (September 2011 - March 2015)
In this role, Arturo was the lead of Software Development and Quality Assurance. He oversaw a $4M budget and supported Rosetta Stone’s global e-commerce footprint, web, application integration, and email marketing technologies worldwide. During his time at Rosetta Stone, Arturo:
- Drove the turnaround of a failed CMS Implementation by resolving 100% of the existing issues including no content preview capability, content creation performance issues, IT dependency on landing page creation, and pixels and tags additions to pages.
- Spearheaded a global expansion strategy; forged an alliance with Digital River on a deal that generated $1.2M in annual revenue, allowing Rosetta to launch into eight different countries with net contribution margins in excess of 50%.
- Improved the global e-commerce landscape by replacing a limited home-grown shopping cart with Magento Enterprise Edition; led the deployment of the new Magento shopping cart worldwide.
- Implemented continuous integration processes for Java and Ruby development environments and supported integrations between disparate systems such as Workday, Concur, Oracle, Responsys, and Salesforce.com.
- Delivered full quality assurance automation for web applications, resulting in faster delivery times and a 200% reduction of defects per line of code.
Delivery Director of Client Web Services
Ameriprise Financial Inc. (September 2006 - September 2011)
Arturo led a large software development team that oversaw all digital technologies with a $20M+ budget and up to 250+ resources. He was in charge of website development, web content management, enterprise search, web analytics, portals, and rapid prototyping/visualization. A few of Arturo's many achievements at Ameriprise include:
- Created a unified platform deployment and development methodologies across all web applications.
- The development of the Home Insurance Web Site allowing online quotes and servicing.
- Integration of all Web Infrastructure from Columbia Management after the acquisition from Bank of America to HR & Block Financial Advisory after the acquisition.
- Supported the data center migration for all Web Applications.
- Improved Financial Accounts site performance by 30%.
- Increased Financial Accounts site availability from 97% average to 99.7% in 6 months.
- Maintained the remainder of websites in the portfolio to above 99.5% Uptime.
- Portal and Content Management migration from Vignette Products to Liferay and Oracle UCM.
- Continued maintenance of the Web Content Management Infrastructure by improving content reporting, classification, expiration, and archiving, and the integration of Omniture and Vignette, A/B and multivariate testing, and enhanced reporting.
Manager of Data Management and Global Portals and Local Head of IT
Jabil Circuit Inc. (May 2000 - September 2006)
In this role, Arturo was responsible for the worldwide implementation of an Operation Metrics Dashboard, overseeing the manufacturing, materials, finance, and HR. Highlights from this position include:
- Designed and implemented SAP Enterprise Portal Landscape (6.0 SP14) as the portals and content management tool for the corporation and SAP Business Warehouse 3.5 as the data warehousing platform for the corporation.
- Uptime increased from 60% to 99% for Corporation’s Supply Chain Data Mart in 1 year.
- Achieved a 95% on-time delivery for the data feeds to MRP simulation applications worldwide.
- Upgraded the worldwide data integration process from disparate ERP systems by creating a standard interface to be loaded into the Supply Chain Data Mart.
- Improved the data crunching process by 66%, reducing the processing time from three hours to only one hour.
- Converted a massive materials and finance data mart (1.5 TB) into an Enterprise data warehouse, composed of a Staging/ETL Area, Online Data Store and Presentation Area for Supply Chain, Finance and Human Resources.
- Collaborated with a leading telecommunications customer to deliver an external B2B Collaboration portal.
- 2 SAP 4.6B SAP Implementations
- Development and Worldwide Implementation of a Document Control and Quality Management System supporting ISO9000 ver 2000
- Developed and implemented Global Help Desk call management and tracking system
- Designed and developed a homegrown content management system used to create the plant Intranet and integrated all business applications into a common front end, reducing turnaround time for development and savings on training.
- Standardized manufacturing shop floor systems to streamline development and standardized 1000+ desktops and laptop images, resulting in improved IT metrics and improvements for Guadalajara Plant.
- Increased IT SLA numbers from 84% to 96% in one year.
- Reduced the number of support calls by 50%.
- Planned and conducted a large-scale IT infrastructure and business systems deployment for two new 1,000,000 sq ft manufacturing facilities in record time (7- 8 months).
Business Solutions Manager
Hewlett Packard (October 1995 - May 2000)
At Hewlett Packard, Arturo provided technical leadership to a 10+ member application team in charge of business solutions for the Latin American Region for the distribution organization. Some of Arturo's many accomplishments in this position were:
- Participated in 4 major distribution operation startups in Miami, Brazil (2) and Argentina.
- Led the Warehouse Systems Implementation at the aforementioned distribution organizations.
- Led the Y2K Project for HP Latin America with a distributed team mainly in Mexico, Miami, Brazil, and Argentina sites.
- Conducted the BCP creation for the manufacturing operation in Brazil.
- Software Development of logistics systems for the Mexican Operation.
- Supported and developed the Materials Management Application region-wide.
- Region's DBA for all DSS Applications, based on Informix.
ITESO Universidad Jesuita de Guadalajara
B.S. Computer Science (1988 - 1992)
Arturo received his Bachelor of Science in Computer Science at ITESO in Guadalajara, Mexico.
Autonomy, BIZTALK, COBOL, Drupal., ECC5, FAST, Informix, iRISE, Java, Liferay, Magento 1.x/2.x., .NET, Oracle, Power Builder, Ruby Homegrown Applications, SAP 4.6B, SAP BW, UCM, Vignette.