Senior Software Engineer | Punta del Este, Uruguay
Parthasarathy has over 16 years of experience with hands-on engineering and management. He has a proven track record of building microservices, Java-EE, high-volume, low-latency applications, data warehouse & spearheading the adoption of new technologies & latest trends. He is able to intuitively understand user requirements, define solution parameters, architect technological solutions and help teams build and deliver those solutions. He has developed the technology leadership skills necessary for leading the development, delivery, and support of robust architectures.
Experience managing multiple teams (local and remote)
Development Manager/Product Owner - Marketing Tools
New York Times (July 2015 - Present)
- Managing multiple teams across marketing tools
- Rebuilt the data platform from Oracle to PostgreSQL
- Built high scale application by leveraging AWS services (S3, RDS, EFS, Pub/sub, API gateway, AWS lambda, etc.)
- Fine tuning the performance of AWS Cloud platform to obtain higher read/write throughout
- Materialized considerable savings by eliminating vendors and hosting digital marketing assets in-house
- Lead the efforts for implementing marketing tools such as such as web content management (Magnolia-CMS), Campaign Management (SAS Marketing Automation), Optimizely and Marketing Operational Datastore
- Designed a highly scalable marketing platform which can serve 30 million requests per day
- Optimized the data platform by unifying the home delivery and digital subscription data
- Expanded the marketing channels landscape by adding more touch points
- Understanding and articulating strategic visions and translating them into projects
- Identifying the tools and technology in line with business vision
- Prioritizing goals into a roadmap for feature releases
- Led the effort of migrating the application infrastructure to AWS cloud.
- Developed Best Practices guidelines for the team.
- Creating strategic plans alongside business goals.
- Managed hiring of engineers
Project Lead/Architect - Reporting System
Citigroup (May 2014 - June 2015)
- Established onsite and offshore technical teams
- Planned, estimated, and allocated the team's resources (across the region)
- Addressed memory leak issues and improved the performance of the application
- Sett up the new development, SIT and UAT environment.
- Analyzed the requirements, wrote functional and technical designs
- Delivered an architectural solution to a complex problem
- Designed and implemented a new application using MongoDB with Spring Data
- Migrated the BO report framework to jasper reports based reporting.
Vice President(Architect/Project Lead)
Markit Na (March 2011 - April 2014)
Markit Counterparty Manager (MCPM) is a centralized online platform that enables institutional investors and other financial institutions to exchange documentation efficiently in a secure environment. Participants upload their documents and agreements; then they grant explicit permission as required for their counterparties to access them.
- Tracked the team daily on the deliverables
- Modernized the regulatory compliance web portal which increased the client base
- Implemented industry best practices such as continuous build using Jenkins, maven of the project
- Created a framework for data extraction, excel reports creation, validating user inputs
- Addressed the memory leak issues in the application
- Created estimation for the new projects, allocating and distributing the tasks throughout the team
- Set up Frameworks (spring JDBC template, Hibernate, Spring MVC, Reflection, spring and hibernate validation) or application
- Led the effort for migrating MySQL to SQL server 2008
- Server migration from JBoss 4.0 to JBoss 7.1
- Created distributed cache to preserve Session data on load balanced application
- Setup sticky session and load balancer for apache server
- Implemented JMS using Active MQ for MCPM to push all the entity data to COBs
- Goldman Sachs: Tech Lead (March 2010 - March 2011)
- Inline Technology LLC (May 2008 - March 2011)
- Wipro Technology LLC (October 2007 - April 2008)
- Capgemini (January 2005 - October 2007)
- Student Group (March 2004 - January 2005)
- Maruthi - IT (May 2002 - February 2004)
Bharatiyar University, India
Bachelor of Engineering (2002)
AWS, SDLC, Java (JDK 1.8), J2EE, Weblogic Server 10, JBOSS 7. IBM WebSphere v6.x, PostgreSQL ,Oracle 10g, PL/SQL programming, DB2,Sybase, SQL server 2008, MongoDB, J2EE, Framework, Struts 1.2/2.0.1, JSF, JUnit, Hibernate 4.0,NodeJs, AJAX, Spring MVC, Spring IOC, Spring Boot, Spring JDBC template, Web service Apache CXF, Scala, Ext Js Hadoop, Hive, Sqoop, Pig, Spark, Github, Visual Source Safe, ClearCase, CVS, Subversion (SVN), JIRA, Bugzilla, Informatica Power center 10.1, Cognos 6.6, Business Objects 5.1