Senior Front-End Web Developer | Barranquilla, Colombia
With over 15 years of software engineering experience, a master's degree in engineering management, and a bachelor's degree in systems engineering, Paul is a remarkable software engineer. His experiences managing teams and projects allow him to effectively navigate resource management, estimations, and client expectations. Throughout Paul's career, he has worked in various software engineering roles, making him an expert from front-end to back-end. Paul thrives in remote environments and has proved to be a self-starter and helpful team member through working remotely for the past six years.
Software Engineering Experience: 15 Years
Remote Work Experience: 6 Years
Bachelor's Degree: Systems Engineering
Master's Degree: Engineering Management
Percent of Time Coding: 100%
Senior Front-End Engineer / Team Lead
Nexgen Solutions (June 2018 - Present)
- Currently working on a project for Shutterfly, maintaining and implementing new features to the photo component.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensuring the technical feasibility of UX / UI designs.
Research and Development Manager
AGTI (August 2016 - April 2018)
- Defined technical architectures and written specifications.
- Investigated, analyzed, and documented reported defects.
- Created, documented, and implemented testing plans, scripts, and test harnesses.
Environment: Angular, SQL, TypeScript, Node.js, VB.NET, ASP.NET.
Full Stack Web Engineer
Freelance (January 2016 - May 2018)
- Provided full-service web engineering service to clients, which included planning, designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining solutions.
- Produced fully functional programs with clean, testable code.
- Performed periodical tests and bug fixes to maximize program efficiency.
Environment: PHP, Node.js, MySQL, MariaDB, MongoDB, Express, AngularJS, HTML, CSS, VB.NET.
IT Project Manager
Universidad Autónoma del Caribe (July 2012 - September 2015)
- Supervised and coordinated the staff, resources, and processes required to deliver new software upgrades to existing products within the organization.
- Recruited, hired, and trained new engineers.
- Ensured each member of the team had the ability to design, develop, and integrate software.
Full Stack Web Engineer
Koncept Marketing (July 2010 - April 2013)
- Designed the overall architecture of the web application.
- Implemented a robust set of services and APIs to power the web application.
- Built reusable code and libraries for future use.
Emerald Passport Inc. (July 2004 - December 2009)
- Produced specifications and determined operational feasibility.
- Integrated software components into a fully functional software system.
- Tailored and deployed software tools, processes, and metrics.
Freelance (April 1997 - December 2003)
- Created and maintained various desktop applications developed in Visual Basic 6.
- Built database structures, engineered databases, designed client forms, and created re-usable OCX components.
Environment: Visual Basic, SQL Server, Oracle, Java, Delphi, AutoCAD, Photoshop, PHP, OCX, MySQL.
University of Louisville
M.S. Engineering Management (2005)
Universidad Autonoma del Caribe
B.S Systems Engineering (2001)
M202: MongoDB Advanced Deployment and Operations (2015)
M102: MongoDB for DBAs (2015)
M101P: MongoDB for Python Developers (2014)
M101JS: MongoDB for Node.js Developers (2014)