Senior Android Developer | Cochabamba, Bolivia
With over ten years of software engineering experience and a bachelor's degree in computer science, Samuel is an incredible Android engineer. Over the past ten years, he has developed a wide variety of skills, furthering his technical and leadership abilities. Samuel describes himself as a highly focused software developer who is organized, methodical, and has a keen eye for detail oriented results. He believes that understanding client requirements and communicating the progress of projects are core to achieving long-lasting business relationships. Samuel places extreme value on delivering high-quality solutions to his clients. He enjoys being a resource for Android development teams by mentoring them and helping them work through challenges.
Engineering Experience: 11 Years
Expert Level Skills: Mobile Development
Education: Bachelor's in Computer Science
Senior Software Engineer
Avantica (2018 - Present)
- Building an Android application that is integrated with a variety of hardware devices (POS, EMV, barcode readers, printers, cash drawers, etc.) in order to enable payment processing.
- Maintaining the stability of all live applications.
- Outlining and presenting specifications for all software requirements.
Jalasoft (2016 - 2018)
- Designed and developed Android applications.
- Developed applications that to consume REST API through Retrofit library, scan barcode / QR through camera and external scanner, and persist data through SQLite and local storage.
- Created, planned, and estimated user stories.
Soluciones MFS (2010 - 2015)
- Led a small team on engineering projects for PumaKatari smart card system.
- Designed and developed an Android application to work with external devices (Smart Card readers, biometric readers, printers, serial communication).
- Designed and developed an Android application to manage bill / coin acceptor / dispenser kiosks.
Microfinanzas Software (2008 - 2010)
- Worked alongside the senior desktop developer to maintain the financial system for microfinance companies.
- Developed firmware for MPOS devices enabling biometric authentication based on Visual C++.
- Maintained and improved the biometric library (DigitalPersona reader) based on Visual C++.
Universidad Mayor de San Andrés
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (2010)