Senior Python Engineer | San Jose, Costa Rica
With over seven years of software engineering experience and an engineering degree in computer science, Carlos is an extraordinary software engineer. Carlos is very passionate about improving code quality, scaling production applications and solving problems with data. Quickly mastering new software packages and hardware technologies, Carlos is driven by the satisfaction he feels when he is able to deliver exceptional solutions to his clients. Carlos has worked for notable US-based companies and is able to travel to the US if necessary.
Lead Software Engineer
Opta Information Intelligence (2018 - Present)
- Leading a team of eight software engineers in building a new backend using micro-services architecture on AWS in order to reduce yearly infrastructure costs by 30%.
- Engineering a new property address predictive search bar to increase projected yearly revenue by over $10,000,000 using RNN and Tensorflow with Python.
- Delivered an ETL tool which extracts residential construction features data in Canada from multiple sources and loads it into a Mongo database then provides the information to insurance companies, increasing the data loading speed by 80% and revenue by over $15.000.000.
Senior Software Engineer
GFT Group (2017 - 2018)
- Re-engineered a credit risk modeling python automation application using the Dask multithreading feature to increase speed by 60%.
- Built a real-time dashboard using Plotly, Bloomberg API and Python to visualize company daily valuations, increasing investing revenue by 30%.
Gorilla Logic (2017)
- Developed a cloud big data storage platform for a media client using Python micro-services, increasing the storing and retrieval speeds of very large files by 50%.
- Delivered a dashboard using Python and Bokeh to visualize the on customers storage devices, increasing projected revenue by $20 Million.
Intel Corporation (2012 - 2016)
- Designed and developed a server backup and recovery automation API for the datacenter and the global hosting department, reducing yearly costs by 20%.
- Developed a real-time dashboard for management to check the current status of storage devices and to prevent disk space issues, decreased the risk of emergency by 50%.
Fidelitas University of Costa Rica
Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science (2015)
Machine Learning, Software Engineering, Data Visualization, Web Development, Python, SQL, MongoDB. AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Flask, Tornado, Pandas, Scikit-learn, Keras, Tensorflow, OpenCV