Software Application UI Designer | Austin, TX
With over 14 years of experience as a UI designer and a bachelor's degree in Game Art Design, Craig has spent his career working with a variety of software applications. His experience with discovery, customer interaction, leading teams, and design sprints is more than impressive. Craig’s background in interactive development, mobile and web UX / UI design, graphic illustration, 3D modeling, animations, and implementations through the use of various engines have helped him build a phenomenal skill set as demonstrated by his successful track record.
Principal UX/UI Artist
Scientific Games(October 2016 - September 2018)
Designed and developed user-centered layouts, wireframes, user flows, artwork and the Unity implementation for mobile and web-based gaming applications.
- Interacted with producers, project managers, and the art lead in order to create solutions for UX/UI problems.
- Provided support to product managers, producers, and engineers with user flows as well as wire diagrams.
- Created assets to implement into Unity game engine with particle effects, animations, and button rollovers.
Senior UX/UI Designer
Zynga Games (July 2015 - October 2016)
Responsible for creating user-centered design solutions including all phases of the design process from wireframing and low and high fidelity mockups to execution and implementation.
- Contributed to the evolution and design of policies and practices for implementation standards, color theory, typography, and UI elements.
- Collaborated with Project Managers / Producers to ensure the user experience reflected customer needs and consistency.
- Created and maintained style guides for standardized artwork.
AustinCSI, Consultant - AT&T Communications (November 2014 - July 2015)
Developed the User Experience and User Interface for mobile applications on multiple platforms, including the iPhone, iPad, Android phones & tablets.
- Dissected and mapped out client needs through wire diagrams, wireframes, clickable prototypes, user flows, and UI mockups.
- Expressed concepts in real time with drawings, verbal descriptions, and annotations to facilitate the design process.
- Created mobile application graphics including typography, visual concepts, logos, icons, dialogs, and buttons.
Mobile User Interface Designer
Game Circus (December 2012 - March 2014)
Created and implemented the User Interface elements for existing mobile games, new mobile games, and Facebook games.
- Created mobile games / app graphics including typography, visual concepts, logos, icons, dialogs, and buttons.
- Created and defined the visual art style for mobile and Facebook games.
- Communicated and coordinated with the game designers and programmers to ensure that the visual design met the necessary creative and technical requirements.
2D/3D Artist (contractor)
DefenseWeb (October 2011 - August 2012)
Educational game project
Creation of 2D and 3D assets for use in animation of sprite-based gameplay.
- Designed and created vector-based icons for gameplay interfaces.
- Created multiple sprite animations from 3D assets rendered in Maya.
- Created custom built character rigs using Maya to be used in sprite-based animations.
Army One Source project
3D modeler and texture artist utilizing the Unity Engine for the Army One Source project.
- Worked with the Lead Artist to create the final art, from early concept stages through completion of assets within a scheduled timeframe.
- Modeled and textured 3D buildings and assets for virtual worlds.
- Utilized the Unity engine for level layout and composition of 3D assets within the game.
Lead Graphic Artist
King Schools (April 2008 - April 2010)
Led a team that updated 2D graphic illustrations, created 3D animations, and designed the interactive lessons for private pilot training.
- Handled all 3D model construction, texturing, rigging and animation.
- Created graphic design elements within courseware.
- Constructed all flash-animations and interactivity for the online course.
Graphic Artist Level II
Logistics Services International (May 2005 - April 2008)
Collaborated within a team of Artists and Subject Matter Experts to create interactive flash presentations, 2D Graphics, and 3D Animations for pilot training.
- Led 3D model construction and texturing.
- Managed flash animation and graphic illustration.
- Completed User Interface design and implementation.
Art Institute of Phoenix
B.A. in Game Art Design (2001 - 2003)
3D Studio Max 13, Maya 2012, Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC, Flash CS 7, After Effects Dreamweaver CS6, Microsoft Office, Axure, Balsamiq, Visio, and Unity 3D, Sketch