Senior Full Stack Engineer | Toronto, Canada
Bilal is a senior full stack developer with more than nine years of experience which have equipped him with a thorough understanding of the entire software development life cycle. He has created complex back-end management systems for a variety of different projects and developed design layouts and templates for various companies and individuals. Bilal is seeking a position that is challenging and rewarding. He’s eager to expand his knowledge and continue to build client-centric solutions through creativity and problem-solving.
Bilal has five repositories on GitHub. He recently performed an e-commerce and blockchain set-up that he is very proud of.
He finds great joy in delivering exceptional solutions to clients through creativity and problem-solving.
Web Application Developer - Consultant
Rublix Development Inc. (October 2018 - Present)
Project: Blockchain Application
- Provides services as the Blockchain application developer using Python Django framework.
- Examines the overall product strategical requirements.
- Purpose/Re-purpose and develop product interfaces, infrastructure, blueprints, Bitgo API integration, deposit & withdrawal funds and other product specific functionalities/features.
- Collaborates with the technical team using mature business logic.
- Develops the broad-based predictive feature embedded in the product.
- Updates the database, fixes functionality defects.
- Coordinates with in- house tech and other personnel to brainstorm, grasp different functional requirements and provide technical solutions.
- Integrates user-facing elements into applications.
- Tests and debugs software modules.
- Works on multiple GitHub features to manage and maintain assets and larger code base.
Senior Developer - Consultant
Acklands Grainger (July 2013 - October 2018)
Project: E-Commerce System
- Served as the web designer, mapping out, programming and building company’s website.
- Managed the full life cycle user interface design and developing look and feel.
- Created layouts from scratch using Photoshop and modified them into our websites in a short period of time.
- Helped maintain and enhance a custom ecommerce platform built on the python Django framework.
- Developed functions and fixed bugs with the checkout process.
- Performed cross-browser testing and control way to display for all browsers.
- Designed and developed the database and modified stored procedures to work with data software development life cycle, planning, analysis, implementation and documentation.
Independent Consulting (January 2018 - July 2018)
Project: Course Delivery System
- Wrote internal and external design specifications for the user interface and website functionality, design and developed front end and backend functionality of the website.
- Demo version of this website is available at http://falaktech.dyndns.info/cms
Independent Consulting (January 2016 - December 2017)
Project: POS System
Environment: Python, SQL, PL/SQL, MySQL
- Designed and developed POS system (desktop application) for a client in the fast food industry.
- The system is capable to keep track of the store inventory and day to day sale transactions.
- Responsible for the design and developing the architecture of the application based on the client’s requirements, user interface, database design and POS system interface with receipt printer and cash register.
- Designed and developed reports that provide current up to date picture of the inventory and day sale transactions.
Loblaws (June 2011 - June 2013)
Project: Supply Chain Management System
- Wrote internal and external design specifications for apps and websites
- Developed and maintained the front end and backend functionality of the websites.
- Created website promotional material, web banners, and optimized landing and home pages.
- Built up and enhanced integration within existing systems.
- Improved websites with high visibility, multi-national companies, and brands.
- Liaison between account managers, sales teams and third-party technical support to ensure the successful and timely delivery of a project.
- Designed, implemented and supported database development on an SQL server.
- Tested a website & identified bugs & technical problems.
- Used PHP, HTML, CSS, JQuery, and MySQL to develop fully functional and interactive templates and plug-ins in support of marketing campaigns.
GDS Energy Management LTD (September 2010 - May 2011)
Project: Energy Tracking System
- Built and managed the team of developers that was responsible for developing an energy tracking system.
- Provided architectural and technical guidance for product development to ensure sound software engineering design process and quality practices were followed.
- Dashboard for the application was leveraged with gauges (to show live energy consumption) and historical charts, designed in Flash.
Anda Tool & Fastener LTD (September 2009 - August 2010)
Project: Inventory Tracking System
- Designed the database, developed reports, wrote procedure documentation, installed and prepared SQL Server 2008.
- Functioned as team lead developer with additional project management responsibilities.
- This application is live at http://falaktech.dyndns.info/invapp
Hilltop Financials LTD (January 2009 - July 2009)
Environment: Windows Server 2005
- Examined online calendaring & scheduling system for later implementation
Punjab College of IT (December 2007 - November 2008)
Environment: Windows Server 2005, MS SQL Server 2005, MySQL
- Designed and developed the website using Flash, Adobe Photoshop and ASP.NET.
- Designed and implemented databases using SQL SERVER 2005.
- Created the stored procedures and functions in the database.
- Scheduled daily, weekly and monthly reports for various categories and regions based on business needs using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
University of Toronto
Bachelor's Degree in Electronics Engineering
Oracle Certified Professional (OCP)