Virgilio Solis Rojas
Senior Unity3D Software Engineer | Costa Rica
With over ten years of software engineering experience and a degree in computer engineering, Virgilio is an exceptional game engineer. Leading teams through various challenging projects, Virgilio sharpens his skills every day. His passion for engineering games shines through this quote, "The idea of being able to create experiences that can interact with humans at such a low level thrills me, makes me believe that I have way of creating products that can leave a mark in people, things that they will enjoy and hopefully remember as something more than a simple piece of momentary entertainment."
Co-Director & CEO (November 2014 - Present)
- Leads a team that engineers games for iOS and Android in Unity 3D.
- Involved in organizing Game Design activities.
- Leads the technical and development components of the company.
Fair Play Labs (January 2013 - February 2017)
- Worked as a lead game designer, technical director and shader programmer of color guardians (PS4 and PS Vita).
- Participated as a lead and senior developer in projects for several mobile and PC outsourced games, including Chucks Challenge 3D, Polar Bowler, and Polar Bowler First Frame.
Fair Play Labs (June 2010 - January 2013)
- Engineered web, PC and iOS games for projects.
- Some of the projects include: Firefighter (C++), Robot Tycoon (C++), Bambi's Forest Friends (AS3), Chucks Challenge (C++), Chucks Challenge 3D (Unity, C#), Ben 10 Game Generator Series ( C++ ).
Electronic Arts (September 2015 - March 2016)
- Developed several unity prototypes for one of EA's mobile IP.
- Worked as a mobile developer on a contract engagement for EA.
Software Analyst and Engineer
Instituto Tecnologico de Costa Rica (February 2008 - May 2010)
- Worked on a game engine extension for an LMS system.
- Created a "Knowledge Base" that worked as the source of content for several educational minigames.
- The main technologies we used were JS, HTML, and PostgreSQL.
Costa Rica Institute of Technology
Bachelor of Science, Computer Engineering (2005 - 2009)