Lead DevOps Systems Engineer AWS | New York, NY
Mythili has over twelve years of professional IT experience with full project life-cycle development in J2EE technology. She has been extensively involved in unit testing, integration testing, system testing, performance testing, white-box testing, and compatibility testing throughout her career. Mythili has extensive experiencing documenting high level design, low level design, STM's, unit test plans, unit test cases, and deployment documentation. She has been responsible for status reporting, creating task deadlines and assignments, mentoring, code review, writing design documents and tech specs. She is exceptional at converting business requirements into technical requirements, her last project at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney enabled an additional $500,000 of revenue to be collected. Mythili's experience and expertise allow her to bring talent and extensive knowledge to any team.
Solutions Architect Associate
Java Programmer - SCJP (JDK 1.5)
NSE's Certification in Financial Markets
Department of Information Technology and Telecommunications, NYC (July 2016 - September 2016)
- Environment: J2EE Technology – Java 8, Oracle 11g, Oracle Weblogic 12c, Spring, Oracle Sql Developer, ANT, Maven
- Participated in the development of system design in accordance with industry best practices, DoITT standards, and Citywide security policies.
- Specialized role in copying, transferring, manipulating, and automating of data operations that were or are manual processes.
- Implemented Data modeling techniques and complex SQL operations of varying degrees of volume, breadth and size.
- Communicated risks and issues to the Development Lead.
- Participated in requirements discussions and meetings as necessary.
- Conducted Unit Tests and supporting Quality Assurance.
- Successfully migrated FJC client details with minimal manual intervention.
- Automated feeds to reduce quarterly efforts.
Administration of Children's Services, (September 2014 - June 2016)
- Environment: J2EE Technology – Java 7, ACSFrameWork, Oracle 11g, Weblogic 10.3.2, JSP, JS, HTML5, CSS3, Struts 2.0, EJB 3.2, TOAD, Beyond Compare 4, Oracle Reports Builder 10.1.2.02, Total Validator Tool, IBM Security Appscan tool.
- Analyzed user requirements and defined functional specifications.
- Designed Java-based applications interfacing with an Oracle database environment.
- Developed Enterprise Integration Patterns and Design Patterns (GoF).
- Migrated legacy application from OC4J to Weblogic Server using EJB 3.2.
- Resolved Application Security issues like Blind SQL Injection, Cross-site Scripting, Cross-site Request Forgery, Phishing through frames, Missing cross-frame Scripting Defence, Unencrypted login request and Missing session identifier using IBM Appscan tool.
- Handled browser compatibility changes made using HTML5 and CSS3 for all major browsers like IE 11,Chrome and Firefox browser through Total Validator Tool.
- Performed Windows compatibility testing completed for Windows 10 OS.
- Developed and implemented test validations of the applications using JUnit.
- Fixed Report issues using Oracle Reports Builder.
- Analyzed test results and recommended modifications to the applications to meet project specifications.
- Participated in the deployment of the applications into existing systems.
- Documented modifications and enhancements made to the applications and affected systems as required by the project
- Successfully converted legacy application from OC4J server to Weblogic application server.
- Resolved many application Security issues like XSS and CSRF.
Morgan Stanley Smith Barney, NJ (October 2012- August 2014)
- Environment: J2EE Technology – Java 7, Struts 2.0, Hibernate 3.2, Oracle 11g, Rational application Developer, Websphere 7, JSP 2.2, Servlets 3.1, XML, JProbe 8.0, JS, CSS, Ajax, SQL Navigator, Rational Functional tester, ANT, STAR UML tool
- Resolved several Run the Bank (RTB) issues of Retirements application in the Billing module.
- Worked on hibernate at ORM layer.
- Implemented scan issues like sql injection for security of the web application.
- Created Calendar change request implementation using the JSF and Hibernate framework.
- Implemented several server configuration test items like secure session, header information leakage and many other items by working with SAs.
- Involved in Change the bank (CTB) projects like Vendor Harmonization, BRP enhancement for Business Retirement plans.
- Created new Vendor-feed system to systematically access changes in the Business Retirement plans.
- Migrated the BQ, HCR and Moneyline applications from the Web sphere 5.1 server to Websphere 7 server.
- Created struts-config.xml, validation.xml and Action classes in STRUTS controller logic for HR Connections module.
- Created Microsoft project plan (MPP) for the CTB projects and maintained scope and resource allocation for the team.
- Wrote the ANT scripts to compile and build JAR, WAR and EAR files.
- Solved the several production issues using work around solutions by inserting data in the database using SQL navigator connected to Oracle database.
- Worked on Program efficiency tools like JProbe Profiler.
- Solved the several batch issues by debugging the code in the RAD.
- Wrote scripts to build and deploy the code for BQ, HCR and Moneyline applications.
- Implemented various design patterns like Singleton, Session Façade, Service Locator, Business Delegate, Factory.
- Created action controller classes to manage the request from the JSP pages.
- Created CEFS module implementation using the Struts 2.0 framework, Oracle 11g, RAD 7.
- Changed SQL queries using SQL Navigator based on the change request from the client.
- Wrote DAO and DTO classes using java to build the server side components in the BQ module.
- Implemented the business delegate classes to separate the presentation layer and business layer in Moneyline Module.
- Designed High Level Design Document and Low Level Design Documents.
- Designed class diagram, sequence diagram for HCR module using open source Star UML tool.
- Extensively used Junit and JSunit for unit testing.
- Additional Revenue of 500k was collected as part of Uncollected Fees enhancement process and received appreciations from Employer and the Customer.
Morgan Stanlet Smith Barney, TN, India (October 2009 - October 2012)
- Environment:J2EE Technology – Java 7, Struts 2.0, Oracle 11g, Rational application Developer, Websphere 7, JSP 2.2, Servlets 3.1, XML, JProbe 8.0, JS, CSS, Ajax, SQL Navigator, Rational Functional tester, ANT, STAR UML tool
- Involved in gathering the business requirements from the team and from the end users.
- Worked extensively with data model team to design and build relationships between different entities.
- Involved in coding, testing, implementing, debugging and documenting the complex programs.
- Involved in documenting High Level Design, Low level Design, STM's, Unit test plan, Unit test cases and Deployment document
- Ensured that all the standard requirements had been met and was involved in performing the technical analysis.
- Performed extensive testing and wrote queries in SQL to ensure the loading of the data.
- Debugged the sessions by utilizing the session logs.
- Performed investigations and made appropriate suggestions on various services and to meet the development efforts
- Reviewed documentation, peer code and conducting code walkthrough with customer and getting sign-off
- Involved in gathering requirements and designing data mart entities and data warehouse.
- Resolved issues and provided on-call support regarding production system
- Worked with system supporters, developers and DBAs in automating and evaluating applications
- Implemented best practices to ensure optimal performance
- Prepared codes for all modules according to require specification and client requirements and prepared all required test plans.
- Involved in all production issues and inquiries and provided efficient resolutions.
- Efficiently lead the offshore team and co-ordinated team activities.
- Received appreciations for the effort and diligence shown during implementation phase.
State Government of Wisconsin (February 2008 - March 2009)
- Environment:J2EE Technology – J2EE, Struts, Hibernate, Oracle 8i, JSP, Servlets, Weblogic, Eclipse, TOAD, ANT, VSS
- Responsible for developing view and controller components.
- Created the state filing workflow using the Tibco Business Works Collaborator (BWC).
- Involved in deployment of State Filing application into various staging environments of the organization.
- Developed State Filing workflow UI screens using Dreamweaver tool for clients to see look and feel of the State Filing workflow.
- Developed a Struts based architecture for the development of the entire application.
- Used TOAD tool for the database (oracle) changes.
- Wrote the Ant scripts to compile and build the application.
- Created the indexes in oracle to improve the performance.
- Created JDBC components for database interaction.
- Used the struts validation framework in struts to handle the server side validations.
- Changed structure of several JSP in claims application based on change request from the client.
- Used POJOS for writing business logic
- Supporting the claims application with providing Level 1 and Level 2 services to the users.
- Add new rows in respective oracle 8i database for new user request from the claims application users
- Involved in coding Servlets components.
- Used the Eclipse tool to develop the application.
- Used Log4J to capture the log at runtime.
- Developed the exchange inventory and void inventory module using iGATE’s iNODE framework.
- Deploy SITX application on Weblogic server.
- Used Java utility package for data manipulation at business logic.
- Prepared JUnit test classes for exchange inventory and void inventory module.
- Created Connection pools, datasource in weblogic for database interaction.
- Tested the developed application using JUNIT.
- Used Microsoft VSS as configuration management tool.
- Wrote the static blocks in order to load the static data at application start up.
- Developed From-Bean as value object to transfer data from JSP to business layer.
- Actively participated in ‘Bug-Bash’ to remove code dependencies and hidden bugs and received Appreciation from the Client for defect-free release work.
- Efficiently coded financial management screens and utilities and Provided online support to Production calls from various counties.
Infosys Offshore Development Center (August 2005 - October 2007)
- Environment: J2EE and Mainframe Technology - Java, J2EE, IBM Websphere, Cobol, JCL, DB2, VSAM and REXX.
- Involved in installation and maintenance of Telcordia applications - SWITCH, DSF, PICS, PWS, TIRKS.
- Implemented changes in JCLs and procedures, ran tests and ported it to other systems and environments.
- Developed the .cfg and .hbm files in hibernate as per the requirement.
- Developed reports using Jakarta POI HSSF to export data to excel format.
- Developed the admin Myprofile and Lookup modules by using the JSF.
- Fixed the various bugs in admin MyAddressBook and (Look Of Success) LOS modules raised by the testing team.
- Used the Hibernate framework with pojo/bean classes.
- Used CVS as a configuration management tool.
- Used SQL tool for the database changes.
- Used Eclipse IDE to develop the application.
- Used sapient Bug tracker tool called Result Space to track the application bugs.
- Used IBM web sphere 6.1 for deployment of the application in development server.
- Engaged in customizing the core product as per client requirement
- Involved in creating product extensions as per client needs, which can be plugged to the codebase
- Used Struts Tiles extensively to create manageable and flexible client extensions.
- Responsible for status reporting, creating task deadlines and assignments, mentoring, code review, writing design documents and tech specs.
- Designed custom end-to-end workflow as per client requirements
- Provided recommendations for Performance Improvement and development process enhancement
- Involved in Unit Testing, Integration testing, System Testing and Performance Testing
- Used Decorator pattern to customize the new requirements.
- Involved in complete SDLC life cycle of the application.
- Efficiently practiced process related activities - Defect tracking and metrics maintenance.
- Adherence to Quality works in all the deliverables.
- Schedule adherence and zero percent defect in all the major installation activities.
- Efficiently handled two applications.
Madras Institute Of Technology, Anna University
Bachelor of Technology, Production Technology (2001-2005)
Infosys Technologies Training Center, Mysore
Professional and Technical Training Program
Certified Solutions Architect Associate
Amazon Web Services - AWS
Issued: December, 2018 - Expires: December, 2020
DB2 Performance Clinic - Completed
Programming Languages: Java 8, C, SQL , UML 2.x, Cobol 2002, CICS
Database: Oracle 11g, DB2 9.7, SQL Server 2012
Web/Application Servers: Apache Tomcat 5.5.36, IBM Websphere 7, Oracle Weblogic 12c, IBM Websphere Host On-Demand, Rational Application Developer
Configuration Tools: Visual Source safe (VSS), CVS
Utilities and Others: VSAM, MQ-Series, JCL, On-Demand, ANT, Unix Shell scripts, Rational Functional tester 8.0, TOAD, SQL Developer 3.2, SQL Navigator