Senior Full Stack Engineer | Boynton Beach, Florida
With a background including twenty-two years of software engineering experience and certifications from Oracle and Microsoft, Thomas is able to build best-in-class systems. Identifying technical requirements and leading teams through the development of complex solutions, Thomas consistently delivers flawless solutions to his clients. Experienced using a wide variety of technologies and different stages of the software development lifecycle, Thomas can confidently take on any project.
K.T.A.I.T. (September 2009 - Present)
- Hardened server to conform to NIST 800-53 Medium security guidelines in support of Certification and Accreditation effort.
- Developed custom modules / apps using Java and SQL to deliver functionality to the customer.
- Architected a monitoring system for the 2010 US Census using Java, J2EE, JIRA, WebSphere, Eclipse IDE, Jasper Reports, and a number of COTS products.
Senior Web Engineer
Lockheed Martin (September 2002 - September 2009)
- Created AGI Java wrapper around Linux Asterisk VOIP PBX system to automatically make phone calls to system administrators in event of an emergency.
- Designed and deployed Asterisk systems to several offices.
EDP Contracting Services (February 2001 - January 2002)
- Built payroll application for Ceridian Payroll Services using BizTalk, .NET, VB, ASP, SQL Server 2000, technologies.
- Responsible for programming a Windows service that would monitor a directory for input files, call a component to parse the input file, format the data, perform calculations, and finally write out a file that was suitable to send to the institution.
- Designed and built an application that used for gathering XML data and depositing XML to MS Message Queue.
Pelican Technology Partners / EDP Contracting (February 2001 - January 2002)
- Contracted to build a website where financial advisers could log in and request approval to personally trade securities.
- Responsibilities included designing the database, site security, writing stored procedures, and coding all aspects of the website.
IDEV (June 1999 - February 2001)
- Worked on over fifty websites, including etienneaigner.com, stuartweitzman.com, aabb.org, and haircuttery.com.
- Managed many aspects of large projects where companies completely redesigned their websites.
- Gathered requirements, scoped project, planned architecture, engineered usability, designed database, developed use cases, programmed and tested.
Sallie Mae (April 1999 - June 1999)
- Engineered large site using ASP, SQL Server, IIS, MTS, Visual Basic and VBScript.
- Helped team building web application where users could apply for a student loan online at salliemae.com.
- Built functionality for Microsoft Transaction Server (MTS) to make calls to the bank, university, credit bureau, and SM databases to verify information and transfer funds.
Internet Applications Engineer
Intermedia (February 1999 - April 1999)
- Built fault-tolerant Compaq web servers that utilized dual-port Ethernet cards, Raid 5 SCSI disks, and dual switches for total fault tolerance and redundancy.
- Administered websites running Netscape Enterprise Server for Solaris.
- Troubleshot ASP code and used Cisco Local Director to load balance servers for nationally known high-capacity E-commerce websites such as www.marthastewart.com, www.staples.com, and www.motleyfool.com.
RHI Consulting (January 1999 - February 1999)
- Migrated the medium-sized office from CCMail to Microsoft Exchange.
Americorps (September 1997 - October 1998)
- Designed and programmed website for local Americorps chapter.
- Taught high-school students in the Upward Bound Program on how to create HTML pages and publish them to the web.
TAM (January 1997 - September 1997)
- Built Websites for small businesses in the local area.
- Used HTML, VBScript, IIS, NT4, Access, SQL Server, Interdev and ASP to build sites.
CompTIA SECURITY +
Oracle Certified Associate Certification (2012)
Oracle Certified Associate
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
Network Analytics Certification (1999)
Salisbury State University
B.A. in English (1995)
CSS3, HTML5, Java, PHP