Product Manager | San Francisco Bay Area, United States
Gabriela is an expert product manager and scrum master. With an industrial engineering bachelors degree and an international entrepreneurship MBA, she leads our cross-functional teams through the product development life cycle delivering innovative and robust solutions to our customers preferring a more managed SalsaMobi development relationship.
Quality Assurance Manager
SalsaMobi (April 2017 - Present)
- Execute the sprints of simultaneous projects by breaking down the user stories, prioritizing the backlog, and establishing detailed quality acceptance criteria to reduce ambiguities
- Align the product vision among stakeholders by creating and maintaining strategic roadmaps
- Craft KPIs and reports on product and team productivity metrics to inform business decisions
- Prioritize the projects' backlog through constant user testing feedback, best practices research, and market analysis
Featured projects: - Waste Place - Chipper - Till Wellness - Rivet Works - I Have a Name/Yo Tengo Nombre - The Texas Observer - Vector Legal Method - Weaver Labs - Royalty Zone and others.
Quality Assurance Manager - MBD Internship
NextBike (January 2017 - March 2017)
Designed and implemented the quality plans and processes for Veturilo-Nextbike Warsaw:
The fifth largest bike sharing system in Europe including App (56% of rentals), Terminal UI software (300 smart physical rental stations), and embedded software in the bike's computer (5k). Results included significant reductions of failed rentals via App for quality problems and breaking records in successful rentals.
- Supported domestic and foreign partners in quality assurance tasks in technical methods and procedures
- Analyzed, mapped, and developed business processes
- Planned, implemented, and monitored processes for quality assurance especially in the areas of software development and IT project management
Project Manager & Scrum Master
SalsaMobi (October 2014 - December 2016)
- Leader of 5 scrum teams
- Managed the development sprints
- Continuously researched and implemented Agile/Scrum trends
- Assisted the teams by removing impediments and fostering self- management
- Ensured the sprint’s product increment delivery by coordinating day-to-day deliverables
- Worked with clients and stakeholders to communicate changes and risks in order to align expectations
- Selected Projects: Chipper www.chipper.app; Vector Legal Method www.vectorlegalmethod.com
SalsaMobi (August 2013 - September 2014)
- Developed and implemented quality test plans and processes
- Results led to reduced customer support requests (~35%), increased teams’ productivity (30%), and decreased recurring bugs (~20%)
Selected Projects: Royalty Zone www.royaltyzone.com
QA Software Engineer
New Futuro (October 2012 - July 2013)
- Responsible for full test lifecycle
- Reviewed requirements with the project team for consistency and accuracy
- Developed and executed of quality test plans
- Created and maintained manual and automated tests
- Analyzed and reported testing results
- Provided support and guidance to team members during the implementation of new functionalities
- Designed and implemented new testing and reporting internal tools
- Managed the bug report process company wide
- Followed up on bugs resolution
- Engaged in design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, and potential problems and risks
- Provided feedback and recommendations on software usability and functionality
- Controlled and analyzed the website's performance using data provided by Google Analytics
- Provided recommendations based in data analysis in order to improve the web site's performance
New Futuro Site
September 2011 – July 2013
The New Futuro site provides helpful information and tools to students to help them to achieve their dreams and be successful getting into college. With this project New Futuro was awarded People's Choice Award at the 2012 Chicago Innovation Awards.
WastePlace is the first waste and recycling marketplace that connects customers to thousands of material management service providers.
October 2013 – September 2014
March 2015 – December 2015
Weaver is a platform crafted from the ground up to reinvent messaging for a new type of ‘on-the-go’ lifestyle and to be an expression of your own personal narrative and style. It applies advanced machine learning to facilitate beautiful, custom, context-aware conversations for the Apple Watch.
Texas Observer: I have a Name/ Yo Tengo Nombre
June 2016 – December 2016
Development of the MVP: "I Have a Name/Yo Tengo Nombre" project, by The Texas Observer “I Have a Name/Yo Tengo Nombre” is a searchable, bilingual database to help family members identify loved ones who perished while trying to make it to the United States.
Vector Legal Method
January 2016 – October 2016
Vector is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) case management solution for the litigation industry (law, firms, attorneys and clients).
September 2017 – December 2017
Till provides HR and executives a powerful view into employee’s financial health, the issues of most concern, and the steps individuals are taking to move forward on their financial journey.
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Small and Medium-sized companies, Innovation and Entrepreneurship (2014 – 2016)
Tecnológico de Costa Rica
Licentiate degree, Industrial Production Engineer (2007 – 2012)
Industrial Production Engineer is Accredited by the Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board CEAB
Czech Technical University in Prague, Faculty of Transportation Sciences
Professional Practice, Ground Transportation (2011 – 2011)
Project Name: “Optimization of traffic flow” - Simulation and modeling of a critical network in Zličín, Prague. Design and evaluation of the proposed solutions based on statistical results.
Bertelsmann Data Science Challenge Scholarship (May 2018 – August 2018)
Data Analytics (May 2018)
Product School, License 11544826
Scrum Product Owner (January 2016 – January 2018)
Scrum Alliance, License 289621
Scrum Master (November 2013 – January 2018)
Scrum Alliance, Licencia 289621
Introduction to Software Product Management (August 2017)
Coursera, License YXKL4VKPFPCT
Google AdWords (December 2014 – December 2015)
Business Strategy, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Data Analytics, Analysis, Leadership, Business Analysis, Agile Project Management, JMP, Social Skills, JIRA, Start-up Environment, Data Analysis, Strategic Planning, Minitab, Project Management, Business Model Development, Negotiation, Business Analytics, Team Leadership, Microsoft Excel, AIMSUN, Selenium Testing, Strategy, Microsoft Office, Visio, Customer Service, Product Management, Management, Certified Scrum Master CSM, Arena Simulation Software, Teamwork, UML, Software Project Management, Quality Center, Problem Solving, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), HTML, Business Process Improvement, Quality Assurance, Agile Methodologies, MS Project, Testing, Scrum.