Senior React Native Engineer | Waterloo, Canada
Greg brings a wealth of experience and expertise to his work as a software engineer, including employment with companies such as IBM, Air Canada, and Toronto Dominion (Go, Raptors!). He has worked with computer systems, including programming and development, for his entire adult career and has 10+ years in electronics engineering research and development, along with extensive experience in service and management. In his spare time he has created apps for produce auctions, pizza places, room-booking apps, poker engines, and more.
Strong Engineering Background: Whether designing and building his own home or client app architecture from scratch, Greg knows how things work.
Distributed Experience: A self-starter, he enjoys and easily adapts to remote teamwork.
Customer Oriented: His experiences as a business owner give him deep insight into and appreciation of customer needs.
Quote and Buy, for Cooperators (April 2019 - May 2019)
- Worked with front-end team to deliver features.
Tech Lead for API Development
ICE (IMIT), for Manulife (November 2018 - April 2019)
- Analyzed projects; improve code quality.
- Developed APIs, API proxies, reverse proxies.
Team Lead, React/Node.js Developer
Manulife (November 2017 - September 2018)
- Developed front end; improved code quality.
- Extended functionality for new GBI application. (See press release.)
- Managed large team of local and distributed front-end developers.
- Acted as gatekeeper for Git merges and push builds for continuous integration.
- Debugged environmental issues and blockers.
Toronto Dominion (December 2016 - September 2017)
- Updated existing code to align with 2017 standards and meet TD specifications.
- Moved legacy project from Integrity to Git.
- Moved project from WAS to TD Cloud and JBoss, including Java 1.8.
- Updated to new Spring API.
- Redesigned project to meet new enterprise modular standards.
- Upgraded technology to use new build, audit, and run technology standards.
- Provide development support for existing TD projects.
- Assisted project lead in getting API projects ready to transition from development to production.
- Analyzed projects in stream for defects to streamline the release process.
- Helped the project lead organize and build a successful team, moving in the direction of an Agile process to create a dynamic interactive team environment.
IBM (May 2015 - June 2016)
For MLSE (Raptors Insights)
- Provided initial project architecture selecting Sails.js to work with Node.js.
- Provided API, REST and Services architecture and development.
- Designed majority of data and data importing functionality.
- Helped design UI and functionality of the search engine.
- Mentored junior members of the Halifax team.
- Collaborated with the distributed IBM team to successfully deliver this huge project on time and on budget. See article and video about our "war room."
For Air Canada
- Provided proof of concept (PoC) for deeplinking into mobile apps.
- Added new endpoint to update electronic boarding passes.
- Incorporated PoC for deeplinking into the Air Canada mobile apps.
- Added functionality to mobile check-in for json/pkpass.
The Guarantee (October 2014 - February 2015)
- Added new design functionality to JSF 1.0 legacy projects.
Java Developer, Development Team Lead
Autodata Solutions Inc. (April 2013 - October 2014)
Project: ARI Custom Fleet Ordering System
- Managed Custom Fleet Ordering System move to Production.
- Provided Oracle database management and application design and support.
- Provided signification optimization on Custom Vehicle Import ETL.
- Redesigned CVU web application architecture to make it more user friendly and extend functionality.
- Designed Log File Checker Application Service to monitor ETL import logs.
Project: CVU Web Application
- Provided development support for custom fleet ordering systems by various clients.
Project: CVU- EVD Translator
- Provided development support for a Delphi ETL used by a variety of clients; it is part of Chrome data core business, moving data into the EVD database.
Project: C4J Tester
- Provided complete architectural design, development, and deployment.
- Audited VW PRON REST Service data.
Project: Mazda Resource Center
- Redesigned Mazda Resource Center and led project to make it more stable and efficient.
- Improved Mazda Resource Center Architecture for immense scalability and flexibility.
Orbis Communications (May 2011 - March 2012)
Project: Orbis Web Portal
- Wrote and tested code according to customer, system, and performance standards.
- Collaborated with the team on debugging, developing new software, and improving product.
- Produced and maintained UML and other relevant documentation.
- Contributed to the development of best practices and approaches.
Owner / Sales and Service Manager
Walters Appliances, Limited (1994–2006)
- Acquired ownership of small family proprietorship and moved it from small village of Linwood to Elmira, incorporating the business in the process.
- Supervised all company operations and facilitated technical support and service to technicians and customers on an ongoing basis.
- Designed, assembled, and manufactured water-saver washing machines for sale to customers.
- Assisted in sales to potential and existing customers.
- Achieved over 100 percent growth in sales and service over 10 years.
Appliance Service Technician
Walters Appliances, Limited (1991 - 1994)
- Diagnosed, troubleshot, and repaired appliances.
Associate Electronics Engineer
Electrohome (1983 - 1990)
- Produced engineering documentation, drawings, alpha and beta test models.
- Maintained and procured engineering test equipment and centralized computer network for the entire department.
- Provided troubleshooting and monitoring for lifetest units.
- Participated in all regulatory certification testing for the product line.
- Provided technical sales support to customers in North America.
Certificate, Information Systems (2011)
Certificate, Electronics (1980)
iOS App Development with Swift for Enterprise
Oracle Certified Master, Java SE 6 Developer
Cisco Certified Network Associate
LANGUAGES & SKILLS