Senior Full Stack Engineer | San José, Costa Rica
With over nine years of experience and a bachelor's degree in systems engineering, Javier is a skilled senior full stack engineer. Engineering front-end to back-end and everything in between has prepared Javier to confidently take on any project, knowing that he'll be able to deliver exceptional solutions. Serving as a scrum master for several teams has helped Javier further polish his skills and techniques. Having managed remote teams and led significant improvement efforts, Javier is an incredible team player who is always ready to step up and help however he can.
Software Engineering Experience: 10 years
Remote Work Experience: 5 years
Education: B.S. in Systems Engineering
Senior Full Stack Engineer
Xtensifi (September 2017 - Present)
- Created components for a credit union portal using Handlebars and Node.js.
- Led the creation of unit tests, code refactoring, and the development of new functionalities.
Gigster (September 2014 - February 2018)
- Created an application with React Native and developed components using Java and SWIFT.
- Worked as a senior web engineer and scrum master for a team in Colombia, implemented unit tests and integration.
- Created an application in Vue.js to help with the facilitation of rental cars.
Software Engineer (Consultant)
Acklen Avenue (March 2013 - March 2017)
- Created a mobile application using Ionic, Node.js, Fabric.io, and CircleCI.
- Engineered a hybrid app using React Native, with native components written in Java and Objective-C.
- Served as a web engineer and scrum master for small projects using AngularJS, React.js, and Vue.js.
Senior Front-End Engineer
Chaotic Moon Studios (July 2015 - December 2015)
- Created a web application for a proof of concept of IBM Watson using AngularJS, test-driven development, and unit tests.
- Engineered a landing page for TAG Heuer using Bootstrap and jQuery.
- Created a website for a German pharmaceutical company using Angular.js and Bootstrap.
Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
Enverro Ltd. (January 2015 - June 2018)
- Developed components for a customer portal using Ruby on Rails and test-driven development.
- Implemented Microservices as the architecture on the back-end.
Kounter (March 2015 - June 2015)
- Created a hybrid mobile application using PhoneGap and Ionic.
- Implemented Fabric.io for continuous testing and deployment.
Junior Web Engineer
Laureate International Universities (November 2012 - October 2013)
- Implemented CanJS to build custom components inside the university portal.
- Implemented unit test and refactored legacy code.
- Built custom API calls in C# back-end and integrated services with SharePoint.
Cloud Solutions Expert
Intellect Solutions (January 2012 - October 2013)
- Engineered custom applications for the Salesforce Platform using Apex.
- Created custom application using Node.js for banking transactions hosted on Heroku.
- Implemented test-driven development in the engineering process along with the agile methodology.
Centralamerican Tech University
Systems Engineering (2011)