Senior Android Developer | Lima, Peru
Pedro is a Senior engineer with a track record of strong and diverse programming skills from web, desktop and mobile client applications to backend server and database applications. He is a seasoned professional with more than 10 years of experience in software development, venturing across multifunctional roles which involve analysis, project management, quality assurance.
Pedro has delivered solutions across a wide variety of industries such as banking, telco, financial, and energy.
Pedro has demonstrated leadership and management skills in development of competitive edge solutions and experience working collaboratively with vendors and business stakeholders in agile environments.
TempGuard temperature control : TempGuard quickly monitors and records all temperatures in each “Food Zone”. Employees no longer need to walk to or into coolers, freezers, buffet lines and display cases to manually record the temperature on each thermometer.
AT&T DriveMode : AT&T DriveMode is a free safe driving app that helps prevent distractions while driving by silencing incoming alerts and calls. The app automatically engages when it sees your speed has reached 15 MPH and deactivates after 2-3 minutes when your speed drops below 15 MPH.
GoodLooks : Application specialized in professional hairdressing services at home ... wherever you are!
Track : Application that tracks schedule and location of field workers
Medek : A Telemedicine application that allowed customers to get a medicine prescription, recommendation and treatments through a call or video conference with an affiliate M.D. and refer to the nearest affiliate pharmacy.
United Efficiency Inc. (2016 - 2018)
Pedro's first assignment was to work on AT&T Drive Mode®, app with more than 10 million installs on Google Playstore. His daily tasks were to focus on maintenance, troubleshooting and enhancements of the existing application. Pedro also assisted OEM’s like LG, Samsung, ZTE and others on integration of Drive Mode with their custom Android versions. Drive Mode involved work on battery optimization while using GPS, activity recognition, parental control, auto SMS replies and alert capabilities.
In addition, Pedro worked on brand new applications for other US based companies such as Waffle House, Cosmos Club, AAA.
Pedro also delivered the following applications :
- FleetMode® is another application which prevented phone use while driving client vehicle fleet. Features implemented included tracking capabilities, Driver Score, smart assistant capabilities, auto SMS replies and alerts.
- Medek, a Telemedicine application that allowed customers to get a medicine prescription, recommendation and treatments through a call or video conference with an affiliate M.D. and refer to the nearest affiliate pharmacy.
- TempGuard, an application that monitored the temperature using IOT devices, defined temperature zones and locations or vehicles and raised alerts if a threshold was violated for immediate attention. This application is a solution for most food industries that require to maintain the refrigeration chain on storage and transport.
Web Business Analyst
Axcess Financial Perú (CNG Holdings Limited ) (2012 - 2016)
As a Web Business Analyst, Pedro had the responsibility of drafting the architecture of technology solutions for the eCommerce Department. He led the integration between frontend, core and third party systems. Pedro acted as the Product Owner to manage expectations of business areas ensuring the construction of cost effective and user-friendly solutions. He was responsible for
- Implementation of online anti-fraud checks and blocks.
- Maintenance of Android mobile and e-kiosk apps.
- Architecture and workflow design to support the launching of a new online financial product.
- Implementing instant money lending, 15min online loan from application to disbursement of funds (record time).
- Renewal of remarketing campaigns. (Workflow process and queries)
Hewlett Packard (2010 - 2012)
Pedro started out as a front-end developer on CRM solutions for NII Holdings and was rapidly moved to Quality assurance automation with HP Quality Center®. After 1 year Pedro was designated to go as a Microsoft and .NET expert to a new Client, Pluspetrol, an oil and energy company giving customer support on site. During his tenure at HP, Pedro accomplished the following
- Launched new CRM support workflows for new Push-to-Talk services for NII.
- Design and Development of integration with new cutting-edge solutions like Meridium® an Asset Performance Management tool and IBM Maximo® for Pluspetrol.
HSBC Bank (2008 - 2010)
Pedro was hired as a junior programmer in charge of developing report interfaces of money operations and transactions, accounting reconciliation tools and finance forecasting tools. He was then assigned to develop integration APIs between the CRM, a new credit evaluation tool and HSBC Datamart.
- Developed more than 50 data tools and reports in service of operations, accounting and finance departments.
- Supervised vendors in the implementation of BI solution for the local branch
- Active participation in the migrations of business processes and data to HUB® and ONE HSBC®, both are HSBC’s corporate core banking solutions.
Cibertec Institute of Technology, Lima-Peru
Bachelor, Computer Science
Peruvian University of Applied Sciences, Lima-Peru
Undergraduate, System Engineer
Android, iOS, Java, Objective-C, Swift, Git, Xcode, AngularJs, HTML5, CSS, .NET Core, J2EE with Spring, Oracle, MySQL